RE: Histograms - SIZE clause & num_buckets anomaly

The "analyze ... delete statistics" is only in order to delete index
statistics - which delete_{table|index}_stats do not do. That comment had
nothing to do with the histogram creation.

 From my understanding, purely from reading the documentation,
method_opt=>'for all columns size skewonly' should re-evaluate all columns
for skewness and create histograms accordingly, regardless of whether
statistics pre-exist or not.

method_opt=>'for all columns size repeat' should refresh existing
histograms using the same number of buckets as the existing histogram.

At 02:58 PM 8/2/2004, you wrote:
>Wolfgang,
>                 How are you?  Hope you're doing well.
>
>Just wondering, if I have a database where we already generated histograms
>on everything, will method_opt=>'for all columns size skewonly' delete the
>old histograms and just leave me with the ones that are skewed?  Or do I
>have to delete statistics first, like your other post mentioned?
>
>"Also, in order to delete statistics I still use analyze because
>delete_table_stats doesn't delete index stats."
>
>         I wanted to follow up with the "repeat" option or just not analyze
>at all.
>
>         Thanks
>         Larry

Regards