Re: High shared pool usage

Laimutis,
660 hard parses a minute in an OLTP is not bad? I thought it was a bad
number. Out of curiousity, what kind of hard parsing do other listers have
seen in best/worst/normal cases. (I realize that this could be dependent on
the application, design, the workload, etc). Has anyone imposed size
restrictions on shared pool like Brent has suggested.

I like David's (Kurtz) idea of setting a minimum value for buffer cache so
it does not get stolen.

Thanks.