High Rollbacks by racgimon

  • From: "Vishal Gupta" <vishal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 11:59:22 -0000

Hi All,

OS : RHEL 5 (x64)
Database: Oracle EE 11.1.0.7 (RAC)
Number of nodes - 2

I am seeing high number of rollbacks by racgimon processes. Almost 90% of
transaction are being rolled back by racgimon process. I started an database
wide trace. And then then search for "XCTEND rlbk=1" string in racgimon
process. This was highlighted during an load test simulating 1000 web
application users. I saw about 95,000 rollback during an 2 hour window. Though
application also issued about 3000 rollbacks. But most of them were attributed
to racgimon process.

Is this normal for racgimon to issue so many rollbacks? I seached google and
metalink, but did not get any hits leading to any explaination. I have an SR
open with Oracle as well.

Any helps or pointer would be appreciated.

Regards,
Vishal Gupta
http://www.vishalgupta.com