Re: High Availability Options

  • From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Frits Hoogland <frits.hoogland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 23:38:53 -0500

Thanks for the correction Fritz - I misspoke.  In my mind I was thinking
of the "rolling a distribution" process that they forked, but that
wasn't what I said.  Choosing which modules to include is part of the
distribution process - mainly I was saying that I'd wager Oracle will
include asmlib in their particular distribution of the linux kernel.

Since the kernel is in git these days, I'm not sure there's much meaning
to the idea of forking anyway - since every branch is a fork.  :)

-Jeremy

--
http://www.ardentperf.com
+1 312-725-9249