Re: Hibernate and Oracle

  • From: "John Darrah" <darrah.john@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: alberto.dellera@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 13:22:08 -0700

10046 trace is your friend when trying to tune hibernate apps.  If your
database is > oracle 8i and still using RBO, you'll want to override the
setting that tells hibernate to use ANSI sql joins (you want to do this
regardless in my opinion) as not doing so forces a cost based plan.

On 2/9/07, Alberto Dell'Era <alberto.dellera@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear all,

I've been asked to help "tuning" an Hibernate+Oracle application.

After a first glance at the application, I feel that the best tuning
advice would be

mv Hibernate /dev/null

but - does anyone know about a good paper about how to optimize
Hibernate interacting with Oracle - or have any advice/experience to share
?

We can modify the application at will, so "tuning" is not restricted to
playing with indexes/instance parameters - it could mean also
an "application rewrite".

Thanks-In-Advance
Alberto

--