RE: Hi,

  • From: "Michael McMullen" <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <DennisCutshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 14:02:41 -0400

We've always been on a unix platform, so getting and setting up an odbc
driver was a pain. Then, there were always issues with getting the SQL right
between the two platforms. We switched to making the SQL Server folks push
to us. It's a lot easier for them to set up their gui's. It must be easy
because the last SQL Server person to do this for us insisted that SQL
Server Replication had nothing to do with inserts/updates/deletes because
it's replication not DML.
Of course, lack of binds is a problem. I'm sure they can fix it on their gui
but somethings I live with. If it gets too bad, I'll just set up an alter
session logon trigger.
Now, I haven't used the gateway for a number of versions, so it might be
easier now.