RE: Hi,

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:41:09 -0400

Here are a couple of notes on Generic Connectivity (also called
Heterogeneous Services) that I have recorded from years past when I did
this once: Oracle on AIX to SQL Server.

See metalink notes 115098.1 Quick Start Guide: UNIX Generic Connectivity
using ODBC and
115992.1 Generic Connectivity: ODBC to MS SQL Server for a start

Note - I recorded these long ago so the document numbers/titles may have
changed

Oracle also sells the Oracle Transaction Gateway product as previously
mentioned to perform a more full featured version of this same task.

-- Mark D Powell --
Phone (313) 592-5148