RE: Help with sql identifying dup constraints

  • From: "Jacques Kilchoer" <Jacques.Kilchoer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:16:26 -0700

But the "duplicates" were surely check constraints (sys.cdef$.type# = 1) and
there was only one "not null" check constraint (sys.cdef$.type# = 7) Even in
8.1 you could only have one "not null" check constraint (type# = 7). I don't
remember ever trying it on 8.1.4 but it's definitely true on 8.1.6.

e.g. you get different type# values in sys.cdef$ for constraint X versus
constraint Y in this example, even though, looking at dba_constraints, they
seem to have identical characteristics.

create table t
  (n1 number constraint X not null,
   n2 number,
   constraint Y check ("N2" IS NOT NULL)
 ) ;

8.1.6
SQL> select * from v$version ;
BANNER
Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.6.0.0 - Production
PL/SQL Release 8.1.6.0.0 - Production
CORE    8.1.6.0.0       Production
TNS for Solaris: Version 8.1.6.0.0 - Production
NLSRTL Version 3.4.0.0.0 - Production

SQL> create table t (n number not null) ;
Table créée.

SQL> alter table t modify (n not null) ;
alter table t modify (n not null)
                      *
ERREUR à la ligne 1 :
ORA-01442: column to be modified to NOT NULL is already NOT NULL

  _____