Re: Help with Storage Capacity

On 19/04/2012 9:17 AM, Michael Dinh wrote:
> What process do you have to decide when to add more storage? Do you have to
> request for more storage or does the sysadmin monitors the server and add
> accordingly?
The basic answer is "it depends on the local policies, and  the
relationship between DBA and Sysadmins, and the monitoring tools and
methods"

Regardless of the policies, I keep an eye on the storage used and
storage trends, through OEM or through scripts.  Mainly because if
something goes wrong, "it's the DBA's fault".

If nothing else, I encourage my customers to use Grid (Cloud) Control,
get the Diagnostics Pack, and set up Alerts.