Help on Rman Restore

  • From: "Nagaraj S" <nagaraj.chk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 20:44:18 +0530

Hi Gurus,

I have an clarification on rman restore. My production database was running
on server A with DBID 519999874 till October month and we take backup using
rman to tape.  This month we have moved the production database to Server
B.. As part of it, I have unregistered the production database on rman
catalog on server A and I have changed my database DBID using NID tool in
server B and registered with new DBID to the catalog database. We had a
problem today...client asked us to restore October month backup from tape
when I try to do  restore I get the following error

RMAN-03002: failure of set command at 11/23/2008 11:57:49

RMAN-06004: ORACLE error from recovery catalog database: RMAN-20001: target
database not found in recovery catalog

Also when i queried on rman catalog I could not found the old DBID
information. Kindly help me how to over come this issue.

Regards,
Nagaraj