RE: Help intermittent failure of backup to disk

Probably way off base, but I've gotten the message :

ORA-27063: skgfospo: number of bytes read/written is incorrect

trying to extend a datafile when the filesystem did not have enough space
left.

mvg/regards

Jo

<Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
10/21/2004 16:16
Please respond to Paula_Stankus

        To:     <charlottejanehammond@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:     <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject:        RE: Help intermittent failure of backup to disk

I have the same target database, the same OS, the same RMAN catalog the
same RMAN script that backups to disk.  Every so often (not regularly) I
get the following error.  I checked catalog table for backup_corruption
in the target and nothing was listed. =20

Why would I get this error some days but not others?  Also, it isn't on
the database datafiles but on the backup file?

Help?

RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on d1 channel at 10/20/2004
01:31:40
ORA-19502: write error on file "/dbdumps/backups/df_t540005405_s232_p1",
blockno
 380417 (blocksize=3D8192)
ORA-27063: skgfospo: number of bytes read/written is incorrect
Additional information: 761856
Additional information: 1048576