From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jared Still
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 1:50 PM
To: Allen, Brandon
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: Heads Up on Grid Control 10.2

On 9/29/06, Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        I haven't used GC yet - only the DB console, and I was a little
put off by the new inteface at first, but it is pretty nice and powerful
once you find your way around.  My biggest gripe now is the stability -
I have to restart the dbconsole server processes about once per week.
I'd imagine the GC interface is almost exactly the same as the DB
console, right?  Do people typically have the same stability issues with
GC?

I haven't heard anything about GC stability issues.

I've never used the dbconsole, so I can't comment too much on that.

A couple things I do know about the differences between GC and
DBConsole.

  * dbconsole is per database
  * GC is a standalone application with it's own app server and mgt
server database

The only instability I saw in the demo's was the one the instructor
encountered, that
I have mentioned in another post.

There were absolutely no GC instabilities encountered by me or anyone
around me
during the workshop. The biggest problem a few folks had was getting
onto the
network. The guy next to me was using an old Compaq Notebook running
Fedora 9.  Though we were told that GC works best with IE 6.0, he had
very few
problems using Firefox as the browser for GC.  Certainly nothing that
was a show
stopper.

There are a couple of GC workshops scheduled in Phoenix, AZ and Salt
Lake City, UT.
http://www.oracle.com/dm/07h1field/evite_oem_workshops_sep_oct.html

Don't know about workshops in other countries, though a search on
Oracle.com would
likely find some others.

--
Jared Still