RE: Heads Up on Grid Control 10.2

  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:33:11 -0700

>>>See, we're seeing a move away from shared Oracle homes.  In
>>>fact, the last 5-10 large organizations we were talking to
>>>deployed one ORACLE_HOME for every instance on the box (and
>>>most of them deployed a separate ORACLE_HOME for their
>>>listener as well).

So in a failover HA cluster environment (large cluster)
with a lot of small to medium database (say, 60 of them),
how many Oracle Homes would this take? :

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/eserver/benchmarks/wp_VMDB_BC_v05.pdf

I think consolidation might start to challenge the idea that
a box has a database wich has a home. Thoughts ?