RE: Heads Up on Grid Control 10.2

  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:19:53 -0700

>>>Given that we do provisioning and patch automation, it makes
>>>sense that those environments are better for us.  Since you
>>>do a clustered filesystem, shared OHOME is better for you.

...no, I wasn't trying to dovetail this to shared versus non-shared.
I see that as a different conversion. Regardless of how many nodes
are being provisioned bits form a particular Oracle Home, I'm
wondering about whether people actually patch a *known good home*.
It just seems to me that doing so stands the risk of completely
trashing a good home. And, again, I'm talking about patchsets, not
patches...anyone can relaink their way out of a one-off patch.