RE: Heads Up on Grid Control 10.2

  • To: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:15:07 -0700

 >>>We usually apply the patchset directly to the existing
>>>ORACLE_HOME - but on the *test* server first.  Then, when
>>>we're done with testing we apply the patchset directly to
>>>the production ORACLE_HOME.  If we didn't have a separate
>>>test server, then yes, I would follow your approach of
>>>creating a second O_H for testing on the production box.

No, what I'm saying is install another previous rev Home on
production, apply the patchset to it and then bring over goodies
from the old previous rev home, finally, abandon the previous
rev home. This even after testing on a test system.

Is that weird?

DISLAIMER: "Production" to me is not typical IT (datacenter). I work in
an
engineering orgnaization and production to me means I
am able to work on my products.