Re: Heads Up on Grid Control 10.2

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 11:35:18 -0700

We did a limited demo provisioning pack, patching a 9i database.

Though the database patch I did went smoothly, I would have to
see something more convincing than that single demo.

There have been too many patch failures in my past.

We also created a database clone.  That is fairly simple
though when compared to patching.

Provisioning has other features (bare metal installs, OS and Oracle)
but we didn't see any of that.

I might add that this is GC 10gR2.  We were told that it
works *much* better than GC 10gR1.  So maybe the provisioning
has been improved a bit over the previous version.

Jared

On 9/29/06, Matthew Zito <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Did they demo the provisioning pack? We've had limited success getting it to work in our labs, and most of our customers have given up trying to get it work after a while. I'm curious what they showed in that area.

Thanks,
Matt