Has anyone used RAC-DDT and/or OS Watcher (tools from Metalink)

  • From: "daniel koehne" <koehned@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:04:57 -0400

I am scratching my head trying to track down a 9.2.0.6 RAC issue (db
stops responding to queries for 5 to 10 minutes at random times) and I
am thinking about using RAC-DDT (Meatlink 360926.1) and OS Watcher
(301137.1).

While I plan to test this tools (actually scripts) on an
non-production system before using on the crown jewels, I am wondering
if anyone has had any experience using these tools. If have used
either of these, did they generate useful data and aid with your
diagnostic efforts? Also what load does running these tools place on a
servers resources (cpu, disk, ...).

Ciao
   Daniel