RE: Hardware / OS recommendation

  • From: "Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:09:13 -0500

Well, if he likes Sun Support. he's in for a pleasant surprise with HP support.
 Solaris is one of the proprietary OS's still running around and popular so no
doubt it will be supported for some time.  But the trend towards non
proprietary software is definelty out there & I firmly believe that Linux will
be supported much longer than Solaris, HP-UX, or dare I say it, Windows!!

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA