Re: [HUMOUR] What kind of DBA are you?

  • From: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: painterman@xxxxxxxxx, niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 11:35:55 -0800 (PST)

Since I seem to be a strange mix of all three of the DBA types in this post,
(although I'm surprised to find myself to be more of the Scientist DBA than I
would have first expected...) I'm wondering what the Pathetic DBA's traits
consisted of.
Did the pathetic DBA have an indention worn into the G and H keys on their
keyboard from banging their head against it so often?  Do they type in a
command and say to themselves, "What the heck did you do that
for?!?!" repeatedly?  Were the Pathetic DBA's "stupid DBA tricks list" in the
thousands as they tried new things?
I could easily be that, too! :)

Kellyn Pedersen
Multi-Platform DBA
I-Behavior Inc.
"Go away before I replace you with a very small and efficient shell script..."