Re: HS licensing (WAS: Oracle to SQL Server)

Of course - the heterogenous services is even simpler to set up than the
Gateway for ODBC. You just need to find ODBC Drivers for your platform.

I used the Transparent Gateway for ODBC recently because the client didn't
want to install any extra software to a database server (db servers are for
DBs only, right) so we used a gateway on an app server for that.

Tanel.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 3:02 AM, Taylor, Chris David <
ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> AFAIK it is free.
>
> HS has always been free in the past.  Gateway Service is different and is
> not free.
>

> Chris Taylor
> Sr. Oracle DBA
> Ingram Barge Company
> Nashville, TN 37205
> Office: 615-517-3355
> Cell: 615-354-4799
> Email: chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential
> and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please
> notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message
> without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or
> storing or copying the information on any medium.

Tanel Poder
http://blog.tanelpoder.com