Re: HPUX setup for EM 10g

  • From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 13:00:04 +0200

I think I had to give access to swapinfo during installation time. I
don't remeber that I gave any other permissions to agent user. I don't
use oracle to run it - we always use other users to run even Oracle
instances (as well as agent, OMS, etc.).

2005/4/14, Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hey all,
> Anyone running the 10g Grid Control with agents on HPUX 11?  I've noticed=
 that EM and the installer require an OS account that has access to binarie=
s in "/usr/sbin" as well as the oracle databases and other programs.  With =
Solaris and Linux, I've used the Oracle Software account ("oracle") for thi=
s, since those same binaries (e.g. "ifconfig" and "swapinfo") are not prote=
cted.
>=20
> Off the cuff, I'm thinking of:
>=20
> 1) Open the access on the specific "/usr/sbin" binaries to all.
> 2) Add the "bin" group to the "oracle" account.
> 3) Create a new account "oracleEM" that will have access to the sbin's as=
 well as the DBs.
>=20
> I can think of potential problems with all of the above, like possibly se=
curity and maybe future patches/upgrades.  Or I could just leave it alone..=
.
>=20
> Thoughts?
>=20
> Rich
> Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
> rich.jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA
>=20
> --
> //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l