RE: HELP URGENT CORRUPTED DATA

  • From: "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Paula Stankus" <paulastankus@xxxxxxxxx>, "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 13:52:13 -0400

I have used dump before to find hidden carriage returns, linefeeds etc as:

SELECT DUMP('abc', 1016)
   FROM DUAL;

DUMP('ABC',1016)
Typ=96 Len=3 CharacterSet=WE8DEC: 61,62,63

SELECT DUMP(last_name, 8, 3, 2) "OCTAL"
   FROM employees
   WHERE last_name = 'Hunold';

OCTAL
Typ=1 Len=6: 156,157

SELECT DUMP(last_name, 10, 3, 2) "ASCII"
   FROM employees
   WHERE last_name = 'Hunold';

ASCII
Typ=1 Len=6: 110,111

I'll look back at my issue and re-figure out how I did it....