Re: HELP!!! HORRIBLE ARCHITECTURE

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: paulastankus@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 21:53:29 -0500

I'm bit late with the reply but you might find my presentation about
effective test systems management useful. It's pretty much your case
one to one!
Get the file there -
http://www.pythian.com/blogs/309/ukoug-2006-presentations-available
(it's the last one in the list).

On 3/2/07, Paula Stankus <paulastankus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here it is and if someone has a good solution let me know.

I have inherited this database with multiple, multiple schemas.

The schemas have views and the views access more schemas.

The database is very large.

I have about 10 development groups needing (per their request) 10 separate
instances to develop on because they are in different phases of development.

Refreshing the databases is a nightmare.  Just when you thought you were
done you need yet another underlying schema.

I don't have enough space for 10 clones of prod (wish I did)

Any suggestions???

Never miss an email again!

Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev