From: DIANNA GIBBS <DIANNA.GIBBS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: oracle-l-freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 4:25:38 PM
Subject: HACMP automatic Oracle failover in non-RAC environment

Is anyone currently doing or have any thoughts or comments
on using AIX HACMP automatically to fail-over Oracle in a non-RAC
environment.

Do I need to worry about data corruption or anything else?  We have
manually done this and I've restarted Oracle, shutdown cleanly
and then restarted again.  Done my sanity checks and all has been
ok.

I've been ask about automating this failover w/scripts.  My thoughts are
I need to control this process and be aware but I also realize
hardware and software are becoming more and more sophisticated.

Thoughts?

This e-mail, facsimile, or letter and any files or attachments transmitted with
it contains
information that is confidential and privileged. This information is intended
only for the use of the
individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you are the intended
recipient, further
disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization. If you are not the
intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, printing, or use of this information is strictly
prohibited and possibly a
violation of federal or state law and regulations. If you have received this
information in error,
please notify Children's Medical Center Dallas immediately at 214-456-4444 or
via e-mail at
privacy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Children's Medical Center Dallas and its affiliates
hereby claim all
applicable privileges related to this information.