HACMP automatic Oracle failover in non-RAC environment

  • From: "DIANNA GIBBS" <DIANNA.GIBBS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l-freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:25:38 -0500

Is anyone currently doing or have any thoughts or comments
on using AIX HACMP automatically to fail-over Oracle in a non-RAC
environment.

Do I need to worry about data corruption or anything else?  We have
manually done this and I've restarted Oracle, shutdown cleanly
and then restarted again.  Done my sanity checks and all has been
ok.

I've been ask about automating this failover w/scripts.  My thoughts are
I need to control this process and be aware but I also realize
hardware and software are becoming more and more sophisticated.

Thoughts?

</pre>  <span style="font-weight: bold;">Please consider the environment before
printing this e-mail</span><br />

files or attachments transmitted with it contains<br />
                information that is confidential and privileged. This
information is intended only for the use of the <br />
                individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you
are the intended recipient, further <br />

                disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization. If you
are not the intended recipient, any <br />
                disclosure, copying, printing, or use of this information is
strictly prohibited and possibly a <br />
                violation of federal or state law and regulations. If you have
received this information in error, <br />
                please notify Children's Medical Center Dallas immediately at
214-456-4444 or via e-mail at <br />
                privacy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Children's Medical Center Dallas and its
affiliates hereby claim all <br />
                applicable privileges related to this information.</span><br />