Re: Guidelines for avoid Bind Variable Peeking behavior

  • From: Sherrie.Kubis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 21:49:15 -0400

We had a very similar situation running 10.2.0.3 on HP-UX with ASMM
enabled.  It turned out our SGA was overly sized, and in this case, when
the SGA was lowered, the problem went away.  We were surmising that since
Oracle thought it had a lot of room to work in, it didn't attempt to
optimize.  We worked on this for a few weeks, opened an iTar, and got
nowhere.  When we lowered the SGA to start tuning from the beginning
again, it went away.  This was the only change made.

Sherrie Kubis
Oracle DBA Supervisor
Information Resources Department
Application Systems Section
Southwest Florida Water Management District
352-796-7211 x4033
mailto:Sherrie.Kubis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.watermatters.org
 =' т '=
Better train people and risk they leave - than do nothing and risk they
stay.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  All E-mail sent to or from this address are public record
and archived.  The Southwest Florida Water Management District does not allow
use of District equipment and E-mail facilities for non-District business
purposes.