Re: Growing table

  • From: "Terry Sutton" <terrysutton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:12:51 -0800

Good question, Michael, Christian, and Dick (great minds think alike?).  The
statement which I've found which inserts the rows is:

INSERT     INTO owner.SESSION_DATA (Session_Key, Data_Type,
Line_Number,       Generation,       Other_Data)     VALUES (:1,

Just to be sure, I looked in v$sqlarea, and the only statement which uses
APPEND is one which inserts into a SYS temp table and is not related to
these tables at all.

--Terry