Re: Gridcontrol showing future

  • From: Karl Arao <karlarao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ozgur.ozdemircili@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 22:42:28 +0800

Hi Özgür,

Is this the "performance page" or "top activity page" ?
Have you also compared the graph from the "performance page" and "top
activity page" ?

I remember Kyle telling me this, because I have asked him about his
presentation http://www.perfvision.com/ftp/emea2008/02_ASH.ppt (slide
#54,55,56): "AAS on the "performance page" in OEM 10g is actually from
v$system_event + CPU from time model
while the "top activity page" comes from ASH.."

... and from my observations/tests there's really a slight lag time on
the "performance page" after running the TPC-H from hammerora
and also when database gets a lot of activity and started to queue...
the AAS from the "top activity page" tends to be more accurate.. (And
the "top activity page" will update faster because it's getting from
ASH..)

--
Karl Arao
karlarao.wordpress.com