Re: GridControlAgent on Debian

Instead of using the -ignoreSysPrefs switch you can edit the file that contains the release information. I have not used debian, but redhat has a file named redhat-release in the /etc directory.

--------------
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 7)
--------------

When I installed oracle on RH 5, I edited the file to show RH 4 (see above) that way it performed all of the other checks for missing libraries...some I had to ignore because they no longer existed, but at least I could decide to ignore each one individually.

-Bill
On Jan 28, 2009, at 6:30 AM, Ingrid Voigt wrote:

Hi,

is it possible to install an EM Grid Control Agent
(10.2.0.4) on Debian 4?

runInstaller complains about an uncertified operating
system and exits, but maybe there is a workaround?

We'd like to try some monitoring of a MySQL server with
Oracle tools (i.e. GridControlAgent + MySQL plugin).
Using a remotely installed agent did work, but killed
performance on the agent host, so the idea was abandoned.

This is just some non essential tinkering with our
monitoring systems. Not worth taking too much trouble,
but I would be grateful if there were a simple solution.

Regards
Ingrid

--
NUR NOCH BIS 31.01.! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 EURO/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/? ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a