Grid Control Install Problem #437

  • From: "Storey, Robert \(DCSO\)" <RStorey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 09:25:04 -0500

I am trying to install GC 10.2.0.2  on a Windows 2008 x32 box.  Yes, I
know that 10.2.0.2 is not certified with W2008, as the Oracle rep in the
SR kindly pointed out before reading the rest of my problem.

I'm installing the GC IAW Note 763072.1, the section on "Installing EM
GC Using and Existing Database on Windows 2008/Vista"

The OUI is coming up fine and I'm to the step to create the Repository.
I have a newly patched and installed 10.2.0.5 database ready to hold it.
The Global_database_name is "grid.dcso.org", sid_name is "grid". Db_name
is "grid".  Sqlnet.ora file in the \network folder only has one line
"SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NTS)".

So, at the Screen "Specify Repository Database Configuration", I have
entered the fully qualified Database Hostname, I've entered the correct
listener port, and the correct SYS Password.

For the field Service/SID,  I entered the service I had created
(verified it works through tnsping and sqlplus.).  When I hit NEXT, I
get an error stack that basically is a ORA-12514. If I change
Service/SID to "grid.dcso.org", I then get an error message ORA-01017,
invalid username/password.

I've used orapwd to rest the sys Password, setting entires =5 and
ensured that the remote_password variable is set to EXCLUSIVE (all per a
note that I had read when researching the 12514 error).  Still, I can't
get it to accept and progress.

The documents I've read said I should be using the DB_NAME value for
that field, but that gets me the 12514 error.

I'm getting the feeling I'm missing some small step or such, but can't
figure it out.

Any thoughts other than tossing the box in the river?