Grid Control [10g] Where/how does the GC agent resolve TARGET_NAME of a database instance?
- From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 08:39:05 -0500
I'm wondering if anyone knows how GC determines the target names on the server to use. I've run into a situation where I have the same database on 1 server registered twice, once as "DEV3", and once as "dev3". So in my GC Targets page, under databases, it is listed 2 times, and in my MGMT_TARGETS table it is listed twice with 2 different LOAD_TIMESTAMPS (which seems to correlate to the first time it was loaded) and they are both being monitored and updated. I know I'm not being very clear in my question but hopefully you understand. Anyone know how the agent determines the target_name to use? Chris Taylor Sr. Oracle DBA Ingram Barge Company Nashville, TN 37205 Office: 615-517-3355 Cell: 615-663-1673 Email: chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the information on any medium.
Other related posts:
- » Grid Control [10g] Where/how does the GC agent resolve TARGET_NAME of a database instance? - Taylor, Chris David
- » Re: Grid Control [10g] Where/how does the GC agent resolve TARGET_NAME of a database instance? - Edgar Chupit