Re: Grid Control 10g - OS Authentication Q

  • From: "Charles Schultz" <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 10:29:01 -0500

To translate:

----------------------------------

Hello,

We're in discussions with our OS (primarily Solaris 9/10, some SE Linux)
folks about requiring secondary authentication to our UNIX boxes which, of
course, will prevent 'oracle' from logging in directly and thereby break
parts of grid control.

Question:  Does anyone have a list of operations which require an OS login
while using grid control?  I've compiled a few, mostly though physically
going in and  trying them out.  I'm hopeful that a) someone will be able to
add a few, and b) someone can give me some ammo for justifying the need to
login to the hosts as 'oracle'.

I've heard of PAM modules that can work for this, but I've never actually
seen anything that works.

Here's what I have so far in terms of requiring OS authentication:

Schedule Backup

Perform Recovery

Manage current backups

Dataguard Setup and Management