RE: Google wave

  • From: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cruepprich@xxxxxxxxx, oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx, wblanchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:32:17 -0800 (PST)

Me, have ADHD?  Nah, I just talk really, really fast, work on 8 things at once
and.... bunny...

Signed,
~ADHD DBA, (there, satisfied? :))

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cruepprich@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: "Thomas Roach" <troach@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, February 12, 2010, 10:34 AM

This brings up a point of curiosity for me. To succeed as a DBA requires a bit
of focus. The more interruptions you receive, the harder it is to perform DBA
tasks without error. So when new stuff like Google Wave comes along my reaction
is "great, I should sign up for more interruptions". Is that reasonable or am I
just getting to be a curmudgeon?

Dennis Williams

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Christoph <cruepprich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, Wave is still in beta, so naturally there are still some bugs. I too wish
there would be gmail notifications whenever waves get updated. I think,
however, there may be a gadget for that.

Voice seems to integrate nicely into gmail for me. Getting text versions of
voicemails is certainly nice.

As for buzz, well, it seems to be a twitter clone. Not sure of any good uses
for it.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Thomas Roach <troach@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My biggest gripe about wave and voice was that it did not seem to integrate
with gmail. Not sure if I am doing it wrong, but it was like I had to add users
separately outside of my gmail address book. Like it was a whole new service so
I didn't bother to try and leverage it.

Anyone find a way? is it integrated better now since buzz?

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Christoph <cruepprich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to know if any of you are using Google Wave, and if so, how.

Cheers,

Christoph

--
Thomas Roach
813-404-6066

--
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit
playing."

This email and any information, files, or materials transmitted with it
are confidential and are solely for the use of the intended recipient.
If you have received this email in error, please delete it and notify
the sender.