RE: Going multicore, Sun Fire T2000 (8 cores)

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 12:01:55 -0600

I was a little bummed that we didn't get our quad 8-core T2000 for more
than a week.  We weren't able to setup any of the fun management to take
full advantage of it.  And today I learned that each core has 4
"strands" of execution such that a core need not suffer from memory
access delays.  See http://www.sun.com/blueprints/1205/819-5144.pdf for
details.

Sounds like it could be interesting.  Very interesting...  :)

Rich