From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Michael Haddon
Sent: Tue 3/28/2006 7:30 PM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Going multicore, Sun Fire T2000 (8 cores)

We just went through a licensing analysis for the T1000 and the Multicore
processors,.. in the Oracle licensing document it states that for Intel
Multi-Core system the algorithm is the number of cores * .25 for the processor
license. For IBM and/or HP (I might be off a little here cause we didn't dive
into the HP and IBM processors) but I believe it stated the #processors * .5.

For SUN Multicore processors the algorithm was the #cores * .75 so for 8 cores
the license would be the same as it is for 6 processors

Mike

Matthew Zito wrote:

        From an Oracle licensing perspective, 8 cores in the niagra processor
count as one processor for Oracle licenseing purposes.

        Thanks,
        Matt