Global Index on Partition Table

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:04:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

I had 2 Tb table with Quarterly Partition and has 5 Global index. When we are
doing quarterly maintenance and exchanging the partition  we are using the
Clause

WITHOUT VALIDATION UPDATE GLOBAL INDEXES

As two of them are Unique index and so I think VALIDATION is anyway done.
Question is that how it impact the Indexes ? Do I really need to Rebuild the
index in the future or it is fine.

Actually Earlier partition maintenance are not done with above clause leaving
Index in Unusable state but adding the above will avoid this and save downtime
which is big due to several big indexes as well as DB in LOGGING mode due to
Standby database.

TIA
Sanjay