Re: Giving RMAN amnesia

delete backup;

Stefan

On 10/12/06, Siva Valiveru <SValiveru@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

$rman target /

# these commands should take care of all backups entires in the cf not
sure if there is one single command to clean up all entries
list backup;
DELETE FORCE NOPROMPT BACKUP OF DATABASE COMPLETED BEFORE 'SYSDATE';
delete force noprompt obsolete;
DELETE FORCE NOPROMPT BACKUP OF ARCHIVELOG ALL COMPLETED BEFORE
'SYSDATE';

( more examples on delete to delete specific backupset
delete FORCE  noprompt backup tag standby_db_backup;
delete FORCE  noprompt backup tag TAG20060924T161151;
delete force noprompt obsolete;
DELETE force noprompt BACKUPSET 1054,1064;
)

-----Original Message----- From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bob Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 4:12 PM To: oracle-l Subject: Giving RMAN amnesia

10.1.0.4 on RH Linux using a control file instead of catalog.
How can I reset the control file so rman looses all its configuration
and I can start with a clean plate. I can manually hack away file
references and settings but, is there a way (command) to re set the
control file. I know I can rebuild the cf by hand but was looking for a
more elegant method. Ive looked in the reset database command through
rman but that doesnt  do what I want.

Ideas? Thanks Bob

--
"Oracle error messages being what they are, do not highlight the correct
cause of fault, but will identify some other error located close to