Re: Getting a Clob into a Long

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mark.bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:03:29 -0700

Ah well, it can be done directly with 100% PL/SQL.

You just need to convert the long via the to_log() function.

It does require that you use a global temporary table as an
intermediary, but it can be done.

I'm citing from memory, so you best look at the to_lob()
function in the SQL reference manual.

Of course, you could do it with Perl and DBI.  It would
be quite a bit easier than PL/SQL, as it avoids the
intermediary table.

Jared

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:16:28 -0400, Bobak, Mark
<mark.bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Gary,
>
> Sorry to say, I think you're looking at implementing a Pro*C solution.
>
> I know it can be done via Pro*C.  I don't think you'll find any
> direct SQL or PL/SQL solution.
>
> -Mark

Jared Still