Re: Get rid of trace files with undo notification

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <aleon68@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 22:43:46 +0200

we are getting a lot of traces files with the following information, does
anybody know why this traces appear and how to supress them?

I remember there was a bug (and possible instance hang) that I suppose has already been fixed (, but you could get rid of the continuous undo offlining/onliing with event 10511, level 2.

Prevent SMON from offlining idle Undo Segments using event 10511.
Set the following parameter in init.ora/spfile

event="10511 trace name context forever, level 2"

Then restart the database.

After the first onlinining of an Undo Segment, it will never be offlined and
So we will only get the "US" serialization once (on the first online after a
db restart.)