Re: Get data after redologs corruption

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 14:12:55 +0200

We had undo corruption on Sunday.
Opened tar level 1 and they tried some special parameters to bring up the database without success.
After a few hours we decided to restore from the last backup.
We found that due to work load the client decided to go without backup.
So now they are still loading the missing data into the database.
"I do not have 1/2 hour a day for backup" turned out to be "I do no work this week except doing the same work again because I am stupid".

Anyway, if you are really in this situation - CALL ORACLE. Anything you do may cause the database to be unrecoverable.

There is always DUL.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

giantpanda@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

A virus scanner ran over the database causing it to crash (shutdown abort) and
shredded all the redologs. And all recent backups. The datafiles seem to be
intact. As the database was idling, they probably contain all the data, but
are, of course, not in a consistent state.

Problem: How to get the data.