From: De DBA [mailto:dedba@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 7:23 PM
To: Storey, Robert (DCSO)
Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Generic Import question

My worry with a full import would be that it may import 9i data dictionary data
that would be deleted during a proper upgrade. You'd probably have to run the
upgrade scripts after a full import to ensure that that doesn't happen, but
where's the guarantee that you end up with a clean upgraded 11g dictionary
after that?

If you plan to import the 9i data dictionary into your 11g database, why
wouldn't you just copy the database (or restore a backup) and upgrade it? Seems
cleaner to me..

I'd go with the schema import, and create synonyms, directories, vpds etc. as
required if the schemas are smallish.

Cheers,
Tony