RE: Gathering of Statistics

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ronnie_doggart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 08:25:47 -0500

Agreed.  Most COTS applications treat Oracle like a glorified file
system.  They typically do not have experienced Oracle staff developing
the application and know nothing about the internals.

I typically gather stats regularly without even asking them.  Just make
it a part of all of the background jobs (like backups) that I run for
every database.