Fwd: Large block sizes for OLAP database

  • From: "Vishal Gupta" <vishal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 08:45:23 -0000

Cheers,
Vishal Gupta

Begin forwarded message:

        From: "Vishal Gupta" <vishal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Date: 3 February 2009 08:40:57 GMT
        To: <stmontgo@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: Large block sizes for OLAP database

        One thing to keep in mind with different block size is that you would
        also need to allocate two different buffer cache in sga. One for
        default db block size and one each for every non database default db
        block size. And non default block size buffer can not be automatically
        managed by asmm. You might waste sga this way. So different block size
        is not advisable.

        Cheers,
        Vishal Gupta