Fwd: Dataguard setup at DR site

  • From: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 13:36:58 -0700

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: Dataguard setup at DR site
To: asif_oracle@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you Asif.
I read about cascading databases. But my question was, does it really
matter how the original standby is constructed (in my case I am not
using DG to build the standby). Even in this case can I cascade from
my standby to my DR standby (which I am planning to set it up using
DG). Theoritically it should be fine.
In that case, can I disable force loggin on production and enable
force logging on standby only. That way I would minimize any
performance impact.
So primary no force logging > standby (using old method of applying
redo) has force logging . THis is used as source for standby on DR
site (which will use DR).

Thank you
- Kumar