Re: Full vs Incremental

In addition to all this, you need to check the ammount of data modified. In
a heavy-transaction database differential backups make little sense, in DW
if you take a full backup after bulk loads, then differential backups are
good enough.

However, if time and space are no constraint, I'd recommend full backups
every day and archivelog backups every 20 minutes or so in order to reduce
recovery time and data-loss time without getting the added cost of a stand
by/dataguard.

hth
Alan.-