Re: FreeNAS for Oracle

  • From: "Connor McDonald" <mcdonald.connor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 21:35:13 +0800

*From:* oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *Alex Gorbachev *Sent:* Wednesday, May 17, 2006 12:39 PM *To:* oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx *Subject:* FreeNAS for Oracle

Any experience with FreeNAS - http://www.freenas.org ? Can it be used for
Oracle? Over VMware?

Unrelated to use of Oracle, but during a recent series of large conversions,
we had need to take several backups of our database - couple of thousand
bucks got us some cheapy ATA and USB disks on a PC, whacked in an FreeNAS
iso image on CD and voila! A few terabytes of NFS storage...it worked an
absolute treat.

--
Connor McDonald

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat"