Re: Foreign Key Constraint ...

  • From: Peter Robson <peter.robson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ltiu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:08:42 +0000

Er, lets all just answer the question, here:

> Can we have a foreign key column in tableB that points to a primary > key in
> tableA, but the foreign key is only enforced if the foreign key > value is
> greater than 1000?

And the answer is a categoric and absolute NO. As already suggested,
there is most certainly a design problem lurking in here somewhere.

Oh yes, and never use triggers to enforce data model integrity unless
you are hanging off a cliff with one finger and there is absolutely NO
alternative..... grin!

peter
edinburgh