Re: Force Logging and Standby's 10g Solaris 64

  • From: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: cjnewman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 14:34:51 -0500

I personally would rebuild it, unfortunately since you're not in 11g, you
can't just take a copy of the current database but I'l defer my answer as
a hard/fast rule based on what others say.

Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional
Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

Interested in helping out your marriage?
Ask me about "Weekend to Remember"
Dec 11-13, 2009 here in Columbus.

"Newman, Christopher" <cjnewman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
12/17/2009 02:32 PM
Force Logging and Standby's 10g Solaris 64
Sent by:

Hi List,

Quick Q:  We've a dataguard physical standby that we cloned, and the
clone bonked on:

GATHER_STATS_JOB encountered errors.  Check the trace file.
Errors in file
ORA-01578: ORACLE data block corrupted (file # 185, block # 36931)
ORA-01110: data file 185: '/u07/oradata/DSTEST01/edwindx37_4m.dbf'
ORA-26040: Data block was loaded using the NOLOGGING option

We see this error multiple times, all for various datafiles within one
of our index tablespaces.

I checked the primary and oops, it appears that it was *not* in force
logging mode.  This has since been corrected, but my question is this:
Do we have to rebuild the standby to ensure consistency?  There are zero
errors on the physical standby, and the only indication of a problem is
the above after a cloning operation.

Thanks- Chris