Re: Flash-only MetaLink :-(

  • From: Bill Ferguson <wbfergus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yong321@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 07:13:02 -0600

I recently had a lucid moment and realized that if/when "Classic" goes
away, My Oracle Support will be sending me back in time 15 or so years
to where all of my support was handled over the phone.

I won't be able to send them the files they think they need, or the
ones I think they need, and once again I will be relegated back to the
point where there is the communication problem since all I speak is
English and I have a problem sometimes with heavy accents.

They better have some pretty sharp folks available on the phone lines,
and available on the weekends when I need help. At least for most of
my problems/questions I can simply do a Google search and find my
answers, then I use the OTN forums and this list, and if I still have
a serious problem, then I finally resort to Oracle Support.

As an aside, I personally like the ability to see all of the SR's
created by anybody in our organization. We are pretty big and spread
all acorss the country and have terrible in-house communications with
each other and everybody is doing or working on, so this way it gives
me chance to seee what others are doing or having problems with, so if
I'm thinking of going that way also, there may be somebody else in the
organization I can talk with. It also gives me a fairly good idea of
who not to talk with, based on some of the SR's I've seen filed. Those
folks would just be a huge waste of time to talk to.

--
-- Bill Ferguson