RE: Flash-only MetaLink :-(

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mwf@xxxxxxxx>, <vandreev@xxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L Group" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 13:43:11 -0400

Well, I for one have little appreciation for the flashy crud that is
becoming the Oracle support suite.  Flash is OK if you've got a good
pipe (thank you Comcast), but there was a lot to be said for the older
character based interface as well as the character based Oracle
Installer.  I mean how many times do you use it & to have an x-term to
get it to run is a real pain in the backside.  Whatever happen to KISS??
And I don't mean the rock band.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
PAREXEL International